Sunday, October 26, 2014

777 Meme response.

  I was tagged by Laurel Amberdine (Laurel Amberdine @amberdine), with the memetic tag for 777. Since that's a rare occurrence and the meme sounded like a fun chance to force me to show some of my writing to you, I'm going to play along.

Here’s the meme: Post 7 sentences of your work, start on page 7, count 7 lines down.
  I'm working on a novella called "Blackjack Thorne & the Ace of Spades Save the Universe!" A sort of pulp-action adventure story set in a strange universe where magic gave humans the 'technology' to finally solve interstellar travel and AI.  This then is from page seven, seven lines in.

  It's not every day you find yourself locked in a cell, cuffed to a wall and awaiting torture at the hands of demons and a mad scientist, but let's not dwell too much on that.  I mean, after all, Ace was still out there, somewhere, and she wouldn't let me down. Or at least, that's what I kept telling myself. Keeping my spirits up, building morale, that sort of thing. I knew I was going to have to reach deep into my bag of tricks if I was going to get out of here, reunite with Ace, and maybe, if I was lucky keep the entire universe from being overrun by demons from Hell. 
  That's when the door to the cell opened. 


© 2014 Matt Converse - All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment